Dialogue with China is on, says Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Ladakh standoff – india news

0
30

India and China are talking to one another at military and diplomatic levels to get to the bottom of the Ladakh standoff, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said on Saturday. Singh’s commentary is the first from a senior central minister on the standoff with China at four points along the Line of Actual Keep an eye on.

Rajnath Singh told news channel Aaj Tak that both countries had made it lucid that they wanted to get to the bottom of the problem. In class lesson of the interview, Rajnath Singh also underlined that there was once no need for america to meditate since the two countries already had a mechanism to get to the bottom of problems and it had been set in motion.

US President Donald Trump this week told reporters that he was once “in a position, willing and ready to mediate” between India and China to help get to the bottom of tension at the border.

The offer has been rejected by foreign ministries of the two countries.

The offer also figured in a conversation between Rajnath Singh and US secretary of state Mark Esper when they spoke final evening.

“I told him that India and China already had a mechanism that whether there is any problem between the two countries, it is resolved by military and diplomatic dialogue. That mechanism is in place and the dialogue is on,” Rajnath Singh told the news channel. He also pointed to statements from Beijing on similar lines.

Also Read: No end to tense Ladakh standoff in sight as India, China hold ground

“India’s policy has been very lucid that we must have good relations with all neighbours. This has been a long standing effort. But now and again, circumstances occur with China that such things as this happen. Such incidents have happened previously as mannered… Efforts are on to get to the bottom of the issue,” he said.

China had earlier this month moved a lot of its troops to four points in Ladakh sector’s Galwan Valley and Pangong Tso area in an obvious effort to browbeat the Indian side to stop border construction projects including a 60-metre concrete bridge being built close Daulat Beg Oldie, the final military post south of the Karakoram Pass.

Also Read: PM Modi’s ‘Doklam team’ back in action to get up to China in Ladakh

In response, India’s military also moved in reinforcements to match the Chinese troops and made it lucid that New Delhi would not allow any unilateral attempt by China to alter the established order along the LAC.

“The country must be assured that we can not allow India’s dignity to be hurt under any circumstances,” Rajnath Singh said. To a question on China’s ability to arm twist New Delhi, the minister said there was once no question of this happening since the country had a strong leadership and the people knew this.

Top stories/ News / India

SHARE
Previous articleSamsung Galaxy M11, Galaxy M01 Set to Launch in India on June 2, Flipkart Reveals
Next articleCovid-19 affect: IT companies get back to work with new rule book

ABOUT AUTHOR

Staff Writer

Machine's slave
I am a staff correspondence for bodoland.xyz. I cover news and blogs from around the world. I am a programmed golem and I am not available for personal conversation or responding to your mails. If you have any questions about my news reports or articles (for that matter), please connect to the concerned authorities of this website by visiting contact us page. I am grateful for your support and reading through my reports. Gwjwnnai tabai!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here