GATE 2021: Indian Institute of Technology- Bombay (IIT- Bombay) has started the online registration process for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE- 2021) before the scheduled date. According to the information brochure released by IIT-Bombay, the online registration process for GATE 2021 was once scheduled to start from September 14, on the other hand, the registration window was once opened on Friday, September 11.
Interested and eligible candidates can register for GATE 2021 online at the GOAPS portal at appsgate.iitb.ac.in. The final date to register is September 30. Online registration with late fee will be accepted til October 7.
GATE 2021 Exam Dates:
February 5,6, 7,12,13 and 14.
There are two sessions (forenoon and afternoon) on each and every examination day.
The result of the GATE 2021 is scheduled to be declared on March 22, 2021.
“All Test Papers of GATE 2021 will be entirely objective kind. Patterns of questions may include (i) A couple of Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) A couple of Choose Questions (MSQ), and/or (iii) Numerical Answer Kind (NAT) questions,” reads the official notice.
Click here for GATE 2021 information brochure
GATE 2021 online registration link
GATE 2021: How to apply online
Visit the official website of IIT- Bombay gate.iitb.ac.in
Click on the link that reads, “GATE Online Application Portal is live. Click here to Apply”
Go to ‘register here’ at the end of the new web page and fill in your details
Signal-in the usage of your register id
Fill in the Online Application Form and note down Registration No./Application No
Upload scanned images of your latest photograph and signatures
Pay application fee
Candidates filling the application form should pay Rs 1500, which will be raised to Rs 2000 from October 1. Reserved category together with female candidates needs to pay Rs 750 and post-deadline the fee will be hiked to Rs 1250.
GATE 2021: Eligibility criteria
1. Candidates should have a commencement degree in engineering or technology or a master’s degree in any applicable science subject.
2. Candidates with backlogs (failed subjects) in any of the subjects in their qualifying examination have to upload a copy of any of the mark sheet of the last year issued from the institute where he/she was once pursuing their qualifying examination. It needs to be famous that the internet downloaded mark-sheet may not be accepted in any circumstances.
3. SC/ST category candidates have to upload a legal official document proof confirming their identity to avail a concession in the application fee.
4. Whether the candidate is expected to total its class lesson, he/she has to upload a Certificate from the Head of the Branch/Institute or a copy of the mark sheet. This certificate should mandatorily have the signature and seal of the Head of Institute/Branch with the current date
GATE 2021: Documents required while filling the application form
1. Personal information: name, date of birth, mobile no, parent’s name, parent’s mobile no, etc.
2. Address for communication, including pin code
3. Eligibility degree details
4. College name and address with PIN code
5. GATE paper (subject)
6. Choice of GATE examination cities
7. Scanned copy of reservation certificate (whether applied)
8. Scanned copy disability certificate (whether applied)
9. Scanned photograph and signatures
10. Scanned copy of degrees
GATE is a national examination conducted jointly by IISc Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE under Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.