With both Covishield and Covaxin getting the Drug Keep an eye on General of India(DCGI)’s approval for restricted emergency use, vaccination drive now is only a matter of announcement as both Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech are prepared to provide the doses required for phase one vaccination.
In this phase, frontline workers will be vaccinated. The cost will be borne by the Centre. For vaccination process, Centre has brought in an application named Co-WIN (Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network).
Here is all you want to realize
1. The Union health minister has earlier said that people would have the ability to self-register themselves for vaccine through this app. But that would happen at a later stage after the frontline workers identified by the native authorities are vaccinated.
2. The application isn’t yet launched. It isn’t to be had at present in the play store.
3. The application is in the pre-product stage being accessed by health officials who are uploading the data of the health workers who will get vaccines in the first stage. More than 75 lakh beneficiaries have already been registered all over the dry run.
4. The Union health ministry and the ministry of electronics and information technology jointly announced a challenge inviting participants to participate where they are going to have to enhance the last app.
5. As of now, the app can not be accessed by people and there is not any self-registration going on. It is being only accessed by officials as the app used to be tested all over vaccine dry run too.
6. Once launched, the app will have four modules: User administrator module, beneficiary registration, vaccination and beneficiary acknowledgement and status updation.
7. The module of beneficiary registration will be for people to use in case they wish to register themselves. There will be three options under this: self registration, individual registration and bulk upload.
8. In self-registration, the beneficiaries can directly register themselves through the web in addition to the mobile application. Photo identity will be required for registration. And whether an individual registers himself or herself, the data will be verified to check if she or he is above 50, or below 50 but with co-morbidity issues.
9. Surveyors and district administrators can also register a couple of beneficiaries.
10. There will be no spot registration in any phase of precedence group vaccination.
Only frontline workers will be vaccinated in the first two phases. Next, people above 50 years of age, who are at a greater risk of contracting Covid-19, will be vaccinated. People below that age group but with co-morbidity issues will be regarded as after that. Union health minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has elucidated that vaccine will be free for frontline workers. It isn’t yet lucid if the vaccine for people above 50 years and people with co-morbidities will be free or subsidised.[ad_2]