New Zealand bowler and Mumbai Indians pace spearhead Trent Boult has said he would really like to play the remaining matches of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021, slated to take place in the UAE later this year. The Board of Keep an eye on for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Saturday announced it’s going to total the remaining matches of IPL 2021 in the months of September and October in UAE. Boult, who has been relishing his IPL stint previously couple of years, expressed excitement for playing in the rest of the tournament.
“It’s (India) a beautiful place to go, I obviously have experienced India a lot, the fans and culture too but it was once different this time, obviously very quiet, the standard hum around the Roads, the fans were just not there,” Boult said in a virtual press convention.
“It was once another way different to play half of the tournament. Looks adore it is moving forward to the UAE, it was once held very nicely final year there,” he said.
“Whether I will get a chance I will be having a look forward to finish that crusade off myself,” he added.
The IPL 2021 was once suspended in May as BCCI didn’t need to compromise on the safety of the players, make stronger staff, and the other participants involved in organising the tournament with an eye on the COVID-19 situation.
Boult admitted that things escalated fairly quickly final month but the pacer was once grateful to feature in the IPL 2021 before it was once suspended.
“I imagine things obviously escalated pretty quickly over there. I made the decision to come home and get a bit of time with circle of relatives,” said Boult.
“Very grateful in the first place to be involved in the IPL to receive an possibility to play on that stage,” Boult said.
“What happened was once very unlucky, I’m glad that I got out safely and can move forward now,” he added.
Meantime, BCCI has made up our minds that it’s going to retain a window till around July before taking a call on the availability of foreign players.
Speaking to ANI, sources in the realize of developments in the BCCI SGM said the state associations were informed that discussions will be had with all of the foreign boards and a decision will be taken around July on if foreign players will be to be had or whether there will be need for replacement players to come in.
Cricket Australia’s (CA) chief executive Nick Hockley has said that the board’s first precedence is to make sure that the players are reunited with their families and a call on their participation in the IPL resumption will be taken later.
Topics mentioned in this article