Neymar has defended himself against allegations of sexual assault by a woman.© AFP
Nike said Thursday it parted ways with Neymar final year after the superstar Brazil attacker “refused to cooperate in a good faith investigation” as the company probed an employee’s claim that he sexually assaulted her. The apparel giant said in a observation that its investigation into the alleged 2016 incident — which used to be reported to the company in 2018 — used to be inconclusive. “No unmarried set of facts emerged that would enable us to speak substantively on the matter,” the company said.
In a Wall Road Publication article reporting the assault allegation, a spokeswoman for Neymar said the player denies the claim.
“Neymar Jr. will vigorously defend himself against these baseless attacks in case any claim is presented, which failed to happen so far,” she said in a observation, adding that Nike and Neymar split for commercial reasons.
Nike said another way in its observation.
“It would be inappropriate for Nike to make an accusatory observation without with the ability to supply supporting facts,” Nike said, but added: “Nike ended its relationship with the athlete because he refused to cooperate in a good faith investigation of credible allegations of wrongdoing by an employee.”
Topics mentioned in this article