GUWAHATI: Union Minister of state for youth matters and sports Kiren Rijiju on Friday said that the China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is likely hand over the five lacking Arunachal Pradesh boys to the Indian Army on September 12.
Rijiju said, “The Chinese PLA has confirmed to Indian Army to hand over the youths from Arunachal Pradesh to our side. The handing over is likely to take place anytime the next day, that is on September 12 at a designated location.”
Earlier on September 8, Rijiju said, “China’s PLA has responded to the hotline message sent by Indian Army. They (PLA) have confirmed that the lacking youths from Arunachal Pradesh have been found by their side. Further modalities to handover the person to our authority is being worked out.”
Recently, the PLA confirmed that the five youths who went lacking from Arunachal Pradesh’s Upper Subansiri district earlier were found in Chinese territory. The youths reportedly went lacking and suspected to have been kidnapped by Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA).
A Congress MLA from Arunachal Pradesh on September 5 claimed that five people from the neighbouring state have been abducted by the PLA. The Congress leader Ninong Ering in a tweet said that the five were abducted from Nacho village of the Upper Subasiri district in Arunachal Pradesh.
He wrote: “SHOCKING NEWS: Five people from Upper Subansiri district of our state Arunachal Pradesh have reportedly been ‘abducted’ by China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA).”